Molds are part of the natural environment that helps break down organic matter. Inside a structure, mold is usually caused by an environment that contains moisture. When mold is present indoors it can cause a variety of health problems.
Molds need three things to thrive - moisture, food, and a surface to grow on. The key to mold growth is water. Without it, molds can't get started, much less spread. But when water is left to sit for even 24 hours, common molds can take hold. If water continues to sit and areas become completely saturated, that's when more problematic molds, such as Stachybotrys or Aspergillis, can move in.
Indoor spaces that are wet, and have organic materials that mold can use as a food source, can and do support mold growth. Warm temperatures, poor air circulation, dim light, and accumulated grime assist and accelerate the growth of mold once it has germinated. Fully drying indoor water damaged areas quickly is the key to successfully preventing mold growth. Mold growth in your home or business should be mitigated quickly by our trained, certified and properly equipped professionals.
There is no practical way to eliminate all mold and mold spores in the indoor environment; the way to control indoor mold growth is to control moisture. It is important to dry water-damaged areas and items quickly to prevent mold growth. Removing the source of moisture - such as through dehumidification - is critical to preventing mold growth. This can be done by a trained and qualified professional who will stop the mold growth and clean the area. Remember – if the moisture reoccurs, so can the mold.
Registrar of Contractors Licenses: Residential - 107117-BCommercial - 107134-B2
Website Design by All Systems Go